Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly problem in 2012

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TheRham
264 Views, 1 Reply

iAssembly problem in 2012

I recently updated to Inventor 2012.

I have an iAssembly made of two iParts.  In this iAssembly, I constrain one of the iPart's Origin planes to one of the other iPart's Work Planes (work plane is through a point, parallel to an origin plane).  After conducting a little test, it APPEARS (really not sure at this point) that Inventor 2012 does not pull an iPart's work planes into an iAssembly...?  The end result, is I now have 400+ drawings which have lost their dimensions, due to this constraint conflict.

Help?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheRham
in reply to: TheRham

Update: OK, found the planes... looks like the default browser viewing option changed... something like that.  In any event, I have my work planes.  Also tracked down the true cause of my iAssembly and associated drawings exploding... coworker accidentally deleted the iPart from the iAssembly, added it back, reconstrained everything (without iMates)... and... well... yeah, guess what?  It broke. /sigh  God bless the ITs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report