Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly Help

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
tmchenry
660 Views, 3 Replies

iAssembly Help

I'm working on a product line that has a small number of common parts (perhaps 25 percent) and the remainder of the parts are different depending on the option package the customer specifies.  The main difference between the versions of the product I have to model is the parts.  There aren't a lot of differences in the constraints, dimensions, or other parameters.  I would like to have top level assemblies (and BOMs) of every option package, of which there are about 20. 

Are iAssemblies be a good way to do that, or would an iFactory be better? Or is there some other way that's even better?   What is the difference between an iAssembly and an iFactory?

I'm happy to take the time to work through the appropriate help or tutorial so I can figure out how to do it, but I want to at least start out in the right direction.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: tmchenry

yep iAssembly is the way to go.

Not really sure where you heard the term ifactory.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
tmchenry

II have an assembly for which I created two iAssembly tables specifying that certain parts were to be excluded -- different parts in each table.  At least, I thought that's what I did.  But the assembly is the same regardless of which table I activate.

What I expected to happen was that, when I activated one of the tables, I'd see an assembly consisting of the parts in that table and, if I created a BOM, the BOM would include only the parts included in that table.  Instead, the assembly and the BOM are the same regardless of which table I activate -- and the same as they were before I made any tables.  It's as though the tables didn't do anything.  Is there some other kind of activation I have to invoke?

Message 4 of 4
tmchenry

Okay, Emily Litella moment.  I figured out the problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report