Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iAssembly factory??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
250 Views, 3 Replies

iAssembly factory??

Hi,

I work for a conveyor company, all our conveyors are variations on a theme, i.e. rollers 75mm pitch etc, all I wish to do is alter the length (in steps of 75) and alter the inside frame width and roller height. I am currently teaching myself iAssembly, is there a way to prompt the system to generate these or do I have to run through every permutation of the conveyors? and store in a table? 

I have suceeded in setting the iparts to suit our operation, unfortunately these do not carry over into the iAssembly's !!

Ideally I would like to prompt "Length", "Width" and "Height" and let inventor do the work! I have managed to create this using an Exel sheet however I have found this to be impractical to our uses. Anyone any ideas???

By the way I am running Inventor 2010 but will upgrade if a solution is possible on newer versions!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jalger
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

I would look into ilogic.

ilogic is a much better choice, if you plan on using the vault (Iparts and iassemblies tend to get angry in the vault).

its also easier to configure once you get past the learning curve (its Basic coding, If, then, else, elseif, end if)

if you know you have several options then you can write the code to adjust the part selection, size, colour, or material.

in the newer versions (2013 and on) you have built in forms ( you can write forms  in VBA in the older versions).

So you can have a selection that drives the model.

Check online for some tutorials

(Ilogic 2010 demo Conveyor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQOwzw38FLU

(Ilogic 2012 demo Ship Lader)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1O-CKhu_Hc

(ilogic Tutorial videos)

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/08/ilogic-basic-tutorials-on-youtube.html

Not sure if these links will all work, maybe just search for them on youtube if these don't work properly.

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 4
Cadmanto

Welcome to the forum.

If I read you correctly, if you are not aware of this, when you generate the members of the iassembly, it creates individual assembly files.

If need be you could call up any of the members and do a file copy save as.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for.  If not please expand a little more.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hello, Thanks for your responses.

I am aware that the iAssembly creates new assemblies, however I cannot change the iparts within the iassemblies easily. 

I was hoping that there was a way of automatically creating the iassembly for all the instances of the ipart and the parameters, then when I choose the assembly the promt screen would simply ask me length, width etc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report