Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IAM - Resolve Link

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
490 Views, 6 Replies

IAM - Resolve Link

I created and saved an assembly and for some reason it will not "remember" where the base file came from. It repeatdly asks me to reolve link. Never had this happen before. I didn't move any files or anything. It is just a random problem and I dont understand it. Anyone seen anything like this? It is quite annoying, and will become a problem if the problem persists throughout other projects and the files created. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have the correct project file set to current and does it point to the correct workspace (and are you working out of that folder?)
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mrattray

Yes. I have done this same process hundreds of times and have never experienced this. I have an IDW pointing to the exact same IAM and it does not prompt me to resolve link. 

Message 4 of 7
mrattray

What process? And your 100% sure that other idw is in the workspace as defined in your project file?
I apologize if it feels like I'm treating you like you don't know what our doing, but most of the people who post questions here don't understand project files and this sounds like a project file problem.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Mike,

Dont worry about offending me, outside of asking questions to people I am pretty much self taught so I know I am missing some foundation principles. I may or may not know about project files, just need some clarification. I don't keep all of inventor files in content center or anything Autodesk related. I just keep it in a standard file but it is very organized, to the point of OCD in its structure, layout etc... For projects this is my standard file: project name / subfolders of different components / (and then the subfolders are structured like so)/ IPT/IAM/IDW/DXF/PDF. 

This particular IAM keeps wanting to go back to my last Assembly I worked with a week ago and the folders are not even close in the family tree of files, they have no relation whatsoever. 

Message 6 of 7
mrattray

Go here:

Capture.JPG

And make sure that this path:

Capture2.JPG

Matches this path:

Capture3.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks Mike! I did just delete the assembly and redo it but will remember this tip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report