Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wished...

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
Davarn-Tool&Die
950 Views, 29 Replies

I wished...

Wish list:

1.  I wished the browser bar would stay on the 2nd monitor on my dual monitor system instead of moving to the center of my first monitor when I save my assembly.

2.  I wished the sketch constraints would appear the instant that I placed them instead of having to first hide the constraints and then unhide them so that they appear.

3.  I wished that during the 'move face' command (edit/3d model/modify/move face), the cursor would remain in the "Z" co-ordinate that I selected and not jump into the "X"  right as I'm typing.

I'm not sure if I wished that these problems only effect me, or if I wished that everyone would be suffering like me.

My processor, video card and all of my computer specs were suggested by my AutoDesk dealership:

AMD FX™ 8150 Eight-Core Processor 3.61 GHz

16 GB ram

Video: AMD FirePro V7900 (FireGL V)

Dual HP ZR2440w Monitors

Autodesk Inventor 2014 64bit edition

Any suggestions?

David Arnold

Designer-New Dies

Motor City Stamping Inc.

( Desk: 586-949-8420 Ext. 184

+ Email: darnold@mcstamp.com
" www.MCStamp.com

29 REPLIES 29
Message 21 of 30
Davarn-Tool&Die
in reply to: cwhetten

I have long suspected it of a video card or driver problem. We purchased this very expensive card at the suggestion of our Autodesk dealer and there is no one else here that uses inventor (other designers use NX) so I was just dealt with it.

As i indicated at the begining of this thread, I didn't know if it was just me, or everyone.  BTW, I started with 1013 and it did it with that too.

Message 22 of 30
dgorsman
in reply to: Davarn-Tool&Die

Stupid question time: is everybody running multiple monitors as (1) - (2) [primary on the left, secondary on the right], or are some people running them as (2) - (1) [primary on the right, secondary on the left]?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 23 of 30
howardlee306
in reply to: dgorsman

I too have had all of my browsers and docked windows like the ilogic browser move around on me. Almost every time I start my pc in the moring it is in a differnt spot as well as sometimes undocking while changing sheets in an idw. It's been discussed in a few threads and has been no resolution. I dn't remember seeing this before 2013 which is when it started happening here. I have learned to just deal with it and keep working. If somene ever does find a fix for this I will be first in line to buy them a soda.

Message 24 of 30
cwhetten

I am running (2) - (1), primary on the right, secondary on left.  I run Inventor with the main window on my primary monitor, with my browser and parameters editor on the secondary.  See the attached image.  iLogic browser is undocked but on my primary monitor, and it never moves either.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IV2012 Pro SP2 Update 3, Build 219; Vanilla Vault 2012, Update 2
Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1; Intel Xeon Duo @2.40 GHz, 9 GB RAM,
NVIDIA Quadro 2000, 1024 MB GDDR5

Message 25 of 30
rdyson
in reply to: cwhetten

I've run (1) - (2) with IV maxed on (2), both browser floating on (1) but positioned near IV, for years. Never seen either move unless I did it.

PDSU 2016
Message 26 of 30
Davarn-Tool&Die
in reply to: rdyson

rdyson,

What version of IV are you using?

Message 27 of 30
rdyson
in reply to: Davarn-Tool&Die

I have 2012 thru 2014 loaded withe the same configuration

PDSU 2016
Message 28 of 30
LT.Rusty

@dgorsman wrote:

Stupid question time: is everybody running multiple monitors as (1) - (2) [primary on the left, secondary on the right], or are some people running them as (2) - (1) [primary on the right, secondary on the left]?

Primary on right, secondary on left.  I keep the browser bar docked, though.  I spend a lot of time with separate sessions of Inventor on each monitor, and it would get really annoying, really quickly, to have random browser bars and such cross-populating between monitors.

@Anonymous wrote:

2. I (almost) never have sketch constraints displayed because I know which ones Inventor is applying automatically and I certainly know when I have manually applied a constraint.  About the only time I turn them on is to check files from other people.  So I guess this one doesn't effect me.

While I would hate to have my constraint glyphs constantly visible on the screen, I'm not quite where you're at either, because I don't know which ones Inventor is applying automatically.  I've got it set to horizontal / vertical, and I'm constantly getting random parallels and perpendiculars shoved in there where I don't want them.  Doesn't matter if I hold down CTRL while I click, either.  I've tried left and right CTRL key across 4 different keyboards, as well as the button on two different Spacepilots, and it's the same thing with all of them.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 29 of 30
WHolzwarth
in reply to: LT.Rusty

I've been stumbling for some time about David's No.1 topic too:

Sam_M was pointing me to the solution for ATI Fire user's:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/2013-Dual-screen-Jumping-browser-from-right-screen-t...

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 30 of 30
sam_m
in reply to: WHolzwarth

Good to hear it worked 😄

for others (to save clicking on links) - goto the ATI driver (Catalyst?) options and turn off any dialog box repositioning and turn on any remember application position/size options.

While typing my reply to wh I wondered if the ATI drivers were seeing the browser bar as a dialog box and thus repositioning it to the main display, thinking it was being helpful...  Seems like it's fixed his problem (for now).

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report