Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Properties

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
257 Views, 6 Replies

I Properties

Hello...we have just upgraded from Inv 2011 to 2013. I am trying to create the drawing templates in 2013 by using the blank 2013 template and then copying our border from 2011 onto it. This works a treat apart from 1 thing. The i properties do not get copied over as well so the sheet is blank from drawing number, title and the custom properties etc. Has any one any idea what I am doing wrong please? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

Why are you reinventing the wheel?  Why not just call up your old templates in 2013 and save them?

This should work and save you all of these head aches.  Smiley Wink

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

Scott...thanks, I was told by our Global IT head that that was the way to go...I did wonder. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

No problem.

I have found over the years (no offense to IT guys) they don't usually know the ins and outs of the software like you and I do.  If you had to do what he said each and every time you upgraded, man, how inefficient is that!!!  Smiley Surprised

Glad you posted here.  Just saved yourself a ton of time!!!

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 7
jtylerbc

I agree with Cadmanto that it doesn't seem like you really need to be recreating the template like that - just needs to be migrated.

However, if you actually did need to set up the iProperty copying from model to drawing, this is how you would do it:

With your template open, go to the Tools tab.

Click Document Settings, then go to the Drawing tab.

At the bottom, there is a "Copy Model iProperty Settings" button.  Click it and adjust settings as needed.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jtylerbc

Excellent, thanks all..very helpful.

Message 7 of 7
Cadmanto

I was assuming that your old tempaltes already had iproperties in them and you were just trying to copy over what was already established.  Is that true?  Or are you needing to create new ones in the 2013 templates.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report