Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I-Parts in Assemblies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Alex123
158 Views, 4 Replies

I-Parts in Assemblies

I downloaded Pem nuts and Hex nuts from CBliss. They look fine as individual parts. The problem arises when I insert them into an assembly. The 3 origin planes are visible and there is no way to turn them off. When you right click on them there is no option for visible or not. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? I have included a .bmp to illustrate.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alex123

Does your Standard.ipt template file have the planes on ? That is most likely where they are coming from. I wish they would make it so iParts use a different template than normal parts. -- Kent Keller http://www.KWiKMcad.com Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Alex123" wrote in message news:21531191.1085080832379.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I downloaded Pem nuts and Hex nuts from CBliss. They look fine as individual parts. The problem arises when I insert them into an assembly. The 3 origin planes are visible and there is no way to turn them off. When you right click on them there is no option for visible or not. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them? I have included a .bmp to illustrate.
Message 3 of 5
Alex123

Hi Kent,

That is where they are coming from. Now, how do I eliminate them? Do I make a new standard? But if I do, will I have to import the files again? If I do import the files again how do I tell them which Standard to use?

Alex
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

They will always use the Standard.ipt in the directory specified in App options File Paths tab. Unfortunately there is no way to change it that I know of. To get rid of them, I believe you are going to have to change standard.ipt to not show the planes etc, then delete the iPart children. I would then start a new assembly and instance in all the children that you had deleted. Then open the assemblies that originally had these parts in them, ..... I think it will load them, but say they are different, and you will probably have to reconstrain them. -- Kent Keller Autodesk Discussion Forum Facilitator "Alex123" wrote in message news:33248419.1085414702175.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi Kent, > > That is where they are coming from. Now, how do I eliminate them? Do I make a new standard? But if I do, will I have to import the files again? If I do import the files again how do I tell them which Standard to use? > > Alex
Message 5 of 5
Alex123

Thanks Kent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report