Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with an Animation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tomasab
251 Views, 3 Replies

I need help with an Animation

Hi I'm currently working on a project for an internship at an engineering company and hit a wall on the animation. I am trying to animate moving wall panels to fold and open on a rail and have no idea how to animate it, all the parts move and the panels do fold and open on the rail when I control them with my mouse, I attached a picture of my assembly and would appreciate whatever help I can get. Keep in mind I'm still in high school and learned most of Inventor by myself so I may have no idea of some of the things you suggest, try to keep the answers as simple as possible for my sake.

Also I used those weird colors on the walls for contrast to help you better distinguish the panels and rail from the walls.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: tomasab

Look at "Drive Contraints"  RMB on the constraint and select "Drive"

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
tomasab
in reply to: blair

The thing is I have so many constraints that I don't know which one to
select that option on. Could you suggest a constraint that could make the animation work? I constrained all the panels to each other using hinges and then placed a roller in the middle of the panels and connected the rollers to the rail. 

Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: tomasab

Have you gone through the Inventor Studio tutorials?

I would not use any Contact Sets for this.

Place directed angle constraints between the panels.

Give the angle a parameter name and then use this for each constraint.

Go to Environments>Inventor Studio and Animate Parameter.  There is an example in the Tutorials.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report