Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love view representations NOT!

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
JimSteinmeyer
1008 Views, 22 Replies

I love view representations NOT!

Ok I am struggling with this again. Some how when my assembly was made I had several work planes visable on several subassemblies. No big deal, I will just go to the subassemblies, turn them off and save them and all will be fixed right? Wrong, the assembly still opens with the work planes showing. So I expand the subassemblies and turn the visability off in the top level assembly. Now when I attempt to save the assembly I am told that the master view is locked and I need to create a new view. But I don't ever want all the work planes on and I don't want to create a new view because that leads to not being able to save a linked assembly or drawing if the wrong thing is open somewhere.

How do I unlock the master view to be able to save it with the planes turned off?

design rep.JPG

Thank you

Jim

Inventor 2012

Jim

Inventor Premium 2013 SP1.1
Vault 2013- plain vanilla version
HP G71 notebook
celeron cpu w\ 4gb RAM and 64 bit system
Win 7 home premium

Ya, my boss has me running my personal machine at work.
22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
TessalationJIm
in reply to: SBix26

To all interested parties !

Problems arising from improper settings of the Design Representation Views can be resolved by:

Open Inventor - Tools - Applications Options - File - "file open Options" box and Click on it.

Now under the Assembly Tab: Set as this:

Design View Representation Settings.

Associativity = ON

Mode = Last Active

Level of Detail Representation:

Mode = last Active.

Apply and Save !!

Hope it helps !

Message 22 of 23
karthur1
in reply to: TessalationJIm

Jim,

Just curious how yours was set before you changed it there.

Kirk

Message 23 of 23

Hi Kirk ! Seems my 2013 version was set to Master for both: Design view rep. and for LOD's With associativity set to off. This was the prime reason that my assy. and sub-assey. Were always opening in master mode and with all work features displayed. Now I design with Default V.R. active and un locked for saving purposes then I can lock it when I am happy with the end results. So each time I open an assy. it opens in the "last open" or it could also be set to "Default" and my work features stay suppressed Until I need to see and use them. Hope this helps ! Jim Reilly Filter Solutions Inc.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report