Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I loose all degrees of freedom

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Karol-Or
213 Views, 3 Replies

I loose all degrees of freedom

I have a medium size assembly (about 20 parts, including weldment). i edit the constraints of one part. i deleted all constraints and it's free to move. now as i place one or two constraints it's fixed, it can't move anymore, and i cannot complete the placement. it was an adaptive part but i couldn't remove all adaptivity symbols although i deleted the reference objects in the adaptive sketch. i even deleted the previosly adaptive holes and made them anew, it didn't help.

There are two copies of the part in the assembly. i deleted them both and inserted anew, but as i make the first constraint between them they freeze.

Now it happens again with an other, new part. inserted a custom bolt from content center, deleted all iMates, and after the first constraint it freezes.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
admaiora
in reply to: Karol-Or

Try to do delete the nested Reference geometry under the adaptive sketches ( plus sign besides the adaptive sketches).

Don't abuse adaptivity.

Hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 4
JDMather

Is the Weldment a sub-assembly?

Can you attach the assembly here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 4
mrattray

Are there any constraint errors(d you have the "red cross" at the top of your screen)?
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report