Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I keep getting "A cross part association has failed"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1683 Views, 1 Reply

I keep getting "A cross part association has failed"

Hi,

I keep getting; "A cross part association has failed".
*I got a sheet metal part fixed by the help of jletcher, got it in to the assembly (1), updated the associations and that worked fine.
*I then opened the assembly (2) that contains the assembly (1) and fixed the "cross part associations" this file seems to work after save and reopen.

So, when I open the MAIN assembly it complains about the same stuff. I have fixed it But as soon as i close the files for the day it complains about it again the next day. This seems to go on and on šŸ™‚

I have created some some parts in the assembly (2) and projected a few edges to be able to create these parts.

Any ideas?

Reg. Esa

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I would be looking at associative parts. Adaptive parts is good but can lead to problems down the road. I clear Adaptivity as soon as possible. It speeds up the model and reduces "down the road" problems.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi Ī”Ī¤Ī§

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report