Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a dream (Inventor 2014?)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
klapec
2859 Views, 6 Replies

I have a dream (Inventor 2014?)

I have a dream that one day Inventor will become a complex and powerful tool for industry design and won’t be delivered any more as a part of a bunch of different products on the same PC with different UI, more or less cooperating together, with them all nobody can work effectively.

That Sketch Book Designer will became a part of Inventor sketch environment and boosts the first step of customer product design.

That one day Inventor part environment will get power of Alias including design of A-class surfaces.

That all Fusions beneficial features will became a part of Inventor.

That one day Inventor studio will cover 3DS Max Design and Showcase capability.

That Inventor presentation will obtain efficiency of Publisher including 3D pdf export.

That Simulation suite will include more fields of technical simulation, e.g. sheet metal forming.

That all key features of the above mentioned SW will became a part of Inventor and run smoothly and associatively.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
stephengibson76
in reply to: klapec

dream on, I want to win the lottery which has similar odds of happening as your dream... Smiley Happy

an easy to use max instead of studio sounds good though

Stephen Gibson

View stephen gibson's profile on LinkedIn

Message 3 of 7
nannerdw
in reply to: klapec

I don't even want to imagine how bloated such a program would be.  I never use Inventor for the kind of design/animation work I'd do in any of those other programs. All of the extra features would just slow the program down and make it harder to find the options I actually use.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: nannerdw

I only wish it would actually take advantage of my i7's 4 cores (8 with HT) in everyday use such as manipulating large assemblies.  My GPU is going to waste.  So far I'm extremely dissapointed with 2012's "multithreading" performance in environments which it's supposed to be multithreaded.  Yes, I'm looking at you FEA.

Message 5 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: nannerdw

@nannerdw wrote:

I don't even want to imagine how bloated such a program would be.  I never use Inventor for the kind of design/animation work I'd do in any of those other programs. All of the extra features would just slow the program down and make it harder to find the options I actually use.

Exactly...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 6 of 7
henderh
in reply to: Anonymous

<<So far I'm extremely dissapointed with 2012's "multithreading" performance in environments which it's supposed to be multithreaded.  Yes, I'm looking at you FEA.>>

The multi-threaded meshing and solving is available beginning with R2013.

Thanks, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: stephengibson76

@stephengibson76 wrote:

...I want to win the lottery which has similar odds of happening as your dream...

awww cmon ... I think your being unfair ... youve got way better odds of winnig lotto  😜

besides if they make a program that actually works, we wont be able to charge outragous rates to use them 😄

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report