Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot make the Keyway in the hub

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Karol-Or
994 Views, 6 Replies

I cannot make the Keyway in the hub

I use the Key Design Accelerator, i suceded in making the Keyhole in the shaft, but cannot complete the selection for the hub.

I selected the 2 hub's faces, but am stuck in the third and last selection box for the hub, the Second Reference

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Karol-Or

Reference 2 for the hub is the ID (circle).  See attachment.

Message 3 of 7
Karol-Or
in reply to: Anonymous

How did you select the circle that you showed me in the picture you attached?

It is hidden behind a part, and when i pause over the approximate location-nothing appears, i don't get the ability to choose hidden objects, i don't get the small green square with the 2 arrows, i don't know how it's called

Message 4 of 7
Karol-Or

Even if i turn off visibility of the obscuring feature i still cannot select the circle you showed me

Message 5 of 7
Karol-Or
in reply to: Anonymous

I want the keyway to be only in the gear, not the circular plate which is around the shaft.

If i select the 2 faces of the gear i cannot select the bore of the gear, only if i select, a one of the faces, the circular plate then the keyway in the circular plate is created.

That isn't my intension.

Message 6 of 7
Karol-Or

It seams i cannot make a keyway in the gear, maybe because it's an iFeature? is it an iFeature?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

There is no hole in the gear. Try putting a hole in the gear. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report