Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't run tutorials

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1409 Views, 14 Replies

I can't run tutorials

I just installed Inventor 2013 on my Windows 8 PC. Everything works fine but I can't seem to get the interactive tutorials to work. The ones included work fine but I downloaded the biggest pack from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=16463987 and followed the instructions. It just won't work.

The instructions are not specific to Windows 8, could that be it?

These new tutorials do not show up at all among the others. It's like Inventor does not know they are even there. I have set project to tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure about the directory structure for Win8, still not a supported O/S for Inventor 2013. You would need to check if the path: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2013\" even exists on your Win8 machine. This is where it's wants to install the files.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

So that might be it then. I've created stupid amounts of new folders trying to get this to work so I'm not quite sure, but I remember that folder not being there to begin with.

Has anyone made this work?

Thanks for the help by the way.

Message 4 of 15
blair

Can you change the "Default" install directory path when running the executable to install the help files?

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 15
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi cad****22,

Are you saying that none of the tutorial files work? Or is it just the Interactive tutorials? If the latter, then maybe it is an Adobe Flash pluggin or some other component that is missing or will not work with Windows 8.

Edit: I noticed the forum automatically editted your name in my reply. I would encourage you to change it to something a bit more professional.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Most of that went right over my head. Do you mean the folder where I extract the "Tutorial files" zip?

I have not installed anything other than the actual suite. Should I?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Hi.

The included "3D Bottle" tutorial works just fine som that's probably not it.

I changed my name by the way. Thanks for the heads up.

Message 8 of 15
JDMather

I think we will  have to eliminate step-by-step as I am still not sure the problem is

- the tutorial files

- the tutorial animations

- the tutorial wikihelp

Start Inventor, but don't open any files.

Click Projects.

Hold Alt key and hit Print Screen key.

Open MS Paint.

Ctrl V to paste image.

Save image as Projects.ipj

Attach the image file here.

Ideally, you image will look something like the image below.

Tutorial Project.PNG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Here's the screenshot. All the tutorials should turn up right below the 3D Bottle (which works BTW) right? There's nothing there.

Projects.JPG

Message 10 of 15
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

... All the tutorials should turn up right below the 3D Bottle....right?  

Not that I am aware of.

I think you have to go here to find the actual tutorials

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126

Somewhere there is a link to download in pdf format if you don't want to use the wiki.

Advantage to the wiki - supposedly the tutorials can be updated.

Disadvantage - I have never had a fast enough connection to the wiki that could survive my patience so I use the local pdf.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

"Not aware of" as in you start your tutorials from somewhere else? Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

The link I provided takes me to the exact same place that I got my zip from. I posted the URL earlier.

Thanks for all the help guys. This is extremely important to me, you are doing me a huge favor.

Message 12 of 15
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi

Did you visit the link JDMather provided in his last post? It should take you to the list of tutorials that you can follow. The link you reference is the download link for the Inventor files mentioned in those tutorials.

So let's say I have downloaded the file from the link you gave, and then I have set the tutorial_files project active, as you show in your screen shot. Then I could select a particular tutorial, such as this one, and follow the steps (click the Next link a the botttom of each page):

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/enu/2013/Help/0126-Tutorial126/0127-Inventor127/0203-Parts_120...

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Wait. Are these not meant to be interactive in the same way as the included "Create a 3D Bottle"?

If not, I feel really stupid.

I'm absolutely certain I had them (or very similar ones) as interactive tutorials at my former employer.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Just to be clear here.

• The tutorials we discussed here are not meant to be interactive at all, I pretty much wasted your time?
  • Do you know where I can get a hold of such interactive tutorials, the ones that react to what you do in Inventor? I have used them before so I know they exist. Tube and pipe is what I'm looking for.

I've been searching like mad but I can't seem to find any.

Thanks again.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

I am having the same problem. I wanted to run the insert AutoCAD tutorial. Where or where in the cloud or my machine is the folder "Interactive Tutorials" that contains R8_001.dwg?

Best Regards,

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report