Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i assmblies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scoopthepoop2000
334 Views, 2 Replies

i assmblies

I am using IV 2010.  When creating i assemblies with iparts is the programs normal function to ask you to save when you toggle between the i assemblies? The reason I ask is my current i assembly keeps asking me to update when toggling back and forth between the assemblies.  I tried a rebuild then regenerate all and that did not work. I deleted all the files that make up the iparts and iassemblies and did a regenerate and that did not work.  I decided to recreate the i assemblies however I am trying to also find out why it kept asking me to update something that did not change.  I would rather not go through the trouble only to find out when I am finished the program wants me to update something that does not change.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This is not normal behavior...at least i have never seen this

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.  When you have your i assembly open you activate the next i assembly what happens when you hit the save button does it read Do you want to save changes to  "particular i assembly" and its dependents or does it just save it like a normal assembly (by normal I mean no i assembly)? Keep in mind I have made no changes to the parts that make up that i assembly and the i part that make up the assembly have been generated to the current rev. also all this happens on a stand alone computer without vault.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report