Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
scoopthepoop2000
Message 1 of 3 (161 Views)

i assmblies

161 Views, 2 Replies
10-25-2012 07:42 AM

I am using IV 2010.  When creating i assemblies with iparts is the programs normal function to ask you to save when you toggle between the i assemblies? The reason I ask is my current i assembly keeps asking me to update when toggling back and forth between the assemblies.  I tried a rebuild then regenerate all and that did not work. I deleted all the files that make up the iparts and iassemblies and did a regenerate and that did not work.  I decided to recreate the i assemblies however I am trying to also find out why it kept asking me to update something that did not change.  I would rather not go through the trouble only to find out when I am finished the program wants me to update something that does not change.  Thanks.

Distinguished Mentor
swordmaster
Message 2 of 3 (150 Views)

Re: i assmblies

10-25-2012 11:17 AM in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

This is not normal behavior...at least i have never seen this

Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Distinguished Contributor
scoopthepoop2000
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: i assmblies

10-26-2012 10:06 AM in reply to: scoopthepoop2000

just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.  When you have your i assembly open you activate the next i assembly what happens when you hit the save button does it read Do you want to save changes to  "particular i assembly" and its dependents or does it just save it like a normal assembly (by normal I mean no i assembly)? Keep in mind I have made no changes to the parts that make up that i assembly and the i part that make up the assembly have been generated to the current rev. also all this happens on a stand alone computer without vault.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.