Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Assembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
226 Views, 4 Replies

I Assembly

Just got a new computer with a the 2010 version of Excel and now whenever I change dimensions for my assemblys they doesn’t update. but I can go to a different work station and open the same excel file from the server and re-save with the same dimensions and the assembly updates and changes to the new dimensions. Someone please shed some light on this situation.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

Was excel started/opened before you installed Inventor.. I believe there were some issues where Inventor wasn't registering with excel properly if excel hadn't been started yet. You might want to just try to do a repair install of Inventor and see if that fixes it.

Oh and what version of Inventor are you using? and have you loaded all the service packs that are out for it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Im using 2011 Inventor  I have not loaded all the new packs for it. Do they automatically load when you reinstall inventor

Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Do they automatically load when you reinstall inventor

Nope.. All service packs/hotfixes must be applied manually. For some reason Autodesk products don't update automatically like everyone elses software. I wish they would actually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

No good on the repair with office/ any other thoughts? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report