Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSM Student version: no 3D?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
littlemandave
722 Views, 6 Replies

HSM Student version: no 3D?

I just installed the student version of Inventor HSM, in order to try some 3D milling (I was previously using HSM Express).

The installation completed without incident, but there is no 3D milling panel shown. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling HSM with no change.

Has anybody else seen this? Any help appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mcgyvr
in reply to: littlemandave

http://camforum.autodesk.com/

are you sure you didn't install hsm express

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 7
littlemandave
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes, I'm pretty sure: the install is just called "Inventor HSM" and during the install it said it would remove HSM Express.

That said, is there any way to be 100% sure? Where can I look to see exactly what got installed?

Thanks for the reply!

Message 4 of 7
LT.Rusty

Look at Control Panel --> Programs & Features. It'll show you the whole list of everything. Inventor HSM 2015 should show up there if you have the full package, or HSM Express if you only have Express. Side note: I'd recommend uninstalling Express first before installing the full one. I don't know that it's necessary, strictly speaking, but it certainly can't hurt a bit.

Rusty

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
swalton

I had IV Pro 2014 with HSM Express installed on my computer.  I then installed IV HSM 2015 on the same machine.  I did not see the 3d tool pallet in the 2015  HSM software until I tried various settings.

If I remember correctly, I opened up the Add-In Manager in IV 2014 and unchecked the HSM express add-in.  After I closed IV 2014 and opened IV 2015, I got the 3d tool pallet as expected.  I might have turned off-on the add-in in 2015 too. 

L.T. Rusty's idea of uninstalling HSM Express should work, but I did not have to do that.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 6 of 7
littlemandave
in reply to: swalton

Hmm, I can see from the control panel->programs and features that HSM (not Express) is installed. So then I got into the Add-in manager, turned HSM off, restarted Inventor, turned HSM back on, etc., but still no luck.

I'll keep messing with the Add-in manager, I guess... anyone else have a suggestion?

BTW, this is Inventor Pro 2015, student version, and Inventor HSM 2015, student version.

Thanks for the replies!

Message 7 of 7

I found the answer on the CAM forum here: 

http://camforum.autodesk.com/index.php?topic=4643.msg15312#msg15312

If you right click in the ribbon, then Show Panels, the 3D panel was just turned off, for some reason. I think this is an installation issue, but in any case I'm now a happy camper. Hipefully this will help someone else along the way as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report