Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP new Z workstations.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mattkelly65
1475 Views, 8 Replies

HP new Z workstations.

Is anyone using any of the new HP-Z seeries workstations at home or in a small business type application with Inventor 2012?

I want a new system and am curious to what people are using.

Thanks

Matt in Texas

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CadUser46
in reply to: mattkelly65

Yea. We use Z400. W7. 250gb SSD. 8gb ram. Quadro 3800/4000. I don't know the price as it comes from IT but I know it's a solid good value workstation. I very rarely find myself waiting. Starts to strain around the 5000 parts mark.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 3 of 9
mattkelly65

Cool. I was looking at the Z800 with a Quadro 2000 but I like the price of the Z400 better. I am only using it for school right now. Hope to work at home later.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 9
Anthony

Hi, I am using the HP Z400 workstation with 3.07 GHz processor and 12GB RAM with Inventor 2012 professional. Although I'm impressed with it's performance I'm not blown away. Inventor seems to crunch a bit when working in realy big assemblys, I would reccomend the hig-end Z800 which is designed for speed. Hope this helps.

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Message 5 of 9
CadUser46

If you have a budget I would buy the cheaper o the two and buy two monitors. Working is about more than just Inventor. Having an Acad drawing open on one screen and modelling on the other is one example.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2010 Certified Professional
Currently using 2023 Pro
Message 6 of 9
mattkelly65

I definitely have a budget. I run two monitors now and I believe that is the only way to go. You guys have been a great help I guess it's up to how well HP can do on the price now.

Message 7 of 9
mattkelly65
in reply to: Anthony

Very helpful. What type of Graphics card are you using?

Message 8 of 9
Anthony

My graphics card is an ATI FirePro V4800 which performs pretty well but is an entry level graphics card, I've not had any problems with it to date but if you go for a higher spec HP Z machine I'd go for a better card than this. More info here :

http://www.amd.com/us/products/workstation/graphics/ati-firepro-3d/v4800/pages/v4800.aspx

Anthony Goodwin ~ Cad Manager/Senior Designer
Autodesk Inventor Professional 2013 SP2 64-Bit Edition
Windows 7 HP Z400, Intel Xeon W3550 3.07GHz
12.0GB RAM, ATI FirePro V4800 (FireGL)
Message 9 of 9
mattkelly65
in reply to: Anthony

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report