Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to wrap this sketch or feature on my object???

22 REPLIES 22
Message 1 of 23
nbaryosef
3360 Views, 22 Replies

How to wrap this sketch or feature on my object???

How to wrap this sketch or feature around my object???

Thank you

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
nbaryosef
in reply to: nbaryosef

so many steps i am bit confused about the steps and the idea behind it
Message 22 of 23
johnsonshiue
in reply to: nbaryosef

Ideally, if 3D Project to Surface (wrap-around) supports spherical face, it would have been straight forward. The problem is that wrap-around does not support spherical face. As a result, I have to use Bend Part feature to bend a straight bar. Then project the sketch to then bent body. The projected sketch is wrapped around the bent bar. Next, split the bent bar with the projected sketch to create the edges. Next, thicken the bent bar to create another body. Lastly, intersect the thickened body with the bulb.

Actually, the intersection curve is not the true wrap-around curve in this case. It is close but no the same. Unfortunately, I could not find any better way to create the curve at the moment. Like I said earlier, this is just an approximation of the wrap-around curve. It is not ideal but it is close.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 23 of 23
nbaryosef
in reply to: johnsonshiue

i will try ti recreate it, also could i extrude the profile normal to the surface?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report