Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use break in inventor drawing environment

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
hugolopessilva
4739 Views, 10 Replies

How to use break in inventor drawing environment

Hello All,

I´m drawing a component which does not fit within the drawing sheet. How can I reduce its space on the sheet, while keeping the dimension equal?? I know I can use a Break, but I really can't suceed into using it. Can anyone give some help?

regards,

Hugo

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: hugolopessilva

Change scale in the view? Click twice on the view border and edit scale? Is that what you looking for or change sheet size
Message 3 of 11
hugolopessilva
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

Actually no, that´s not what I´m looking for. I want to add a break to the longitudinal view, that measures 1000 mm. I want to add the break, in a manner that allows the view to be small enough for the sheet by interrupting it, while keeping the 1000 mm annotation unchanged.

Any suggestions??

regards,

Hugo

Message 4 of 11
JDMather

Can you attach the files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 11
hugolopessilva
in reply to: JDMather

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I am attaching a dummy .ipt file. I want to make a drawing with the part, and when representing the longest dimension (longitudinal), which is 5000 mm in the file, I can't represent it on the drawing sheet, even with a break. Can you please help??

thanks,

Hugo

Message 6 of 11
JDMather

I don't understand why you are having any difficulty with this?
I must be missing something.

Break view.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 11
JDMather

It occured to me that maybe there is a misunderstanding of the Gap.

That is a longstanding mistake in Inventor - there should not be any units on that number as it us some sort of unitless ratio. (you can experiment with values to show that the units are meaningless.

Gap.PNG  Simply drag the break lines to get the remove the desired portion of the view.

Message 8 of 11
hugolopessilva

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

I can do the break, that is not the problem. The problem is that after the break, the view still does not fit the sheet. How can I reduce the dimension of the view without messing with the annotation??

Message 9 of 11
blair

Unless I'm missing something, simply select and drag the LH side of the break to the left and do the same with the RH side to get the desired length needed.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 10 of 11
JDMather

@hugolopessilva wrote:

I can do the break,....

Attach your files here.

Message 11 of 11

It does take a little getting used to. When the dialog box appears, move the break lines to any position on the part and click until the dialog box closes. Then, to adjust how much you want cut out of the middle, click and drag the right or left break line toward the edge of the part to increase the amount of shortening effect.

I think the confusing part is the dialog box. You don't need to click the "ok" or generally adjust anything in it. It just sits there until it just goes away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report