Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to ungroup iParts in parts list.

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Jam_Jumpin
1356 Views, 5 Replies

How to ungroup iParts in parts list.

If I create a parts list as a parts only list it groups all my ipart members into one single entry, but if I use the legacy option it shows them all seperately. 

How can I split this out in the standard parts only parts list?

Inventor 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jam_Jumpin
in reply to: Jam_Jumpin

I've fixed this, I realised that the reason it was grouping things as because all the members had the same 'part number,' This is because our company uses the part number field for the stock number. 

BOMs will group everything with the same part number even if it is a different part. 

For instance, I may have an extrusion cut to different lengths. It's the same part number but they are all physically different. 

Message 3 of 6
roberts4S7QE

I would still like to know how to ungroup those parts, since I work with many retro-fits and MODS with part numbers listed as N/A

Message 4 of 6

Hello,

I am speculating it is the Bill of Materials(BOM) editor that is doing the grouping and it's under the button shown...

Screenshot 2022-02-01 090038.png

Grouping can also be achieved from the Parts List but there is a bit more functionality to the Parts List grouping.

I hope this helps.

Scott 🙂

Message 5 of 6
roberts4S7QE

Hi Scott

Actually, no. It is in the parts list (BOM) in the drawing, where they are listed as parts only in the assembly and a sub-assembly.

With parts only, all parts with the part number set with N/A are merged together as "Varies"

Message 6 of 6

Select your parts list then Right mouse button your parts list, select Bill of Materials from the context menu, on the Bill of Materials editor click the button shown in my previous post and uncheck the box to group parts that have the same Part number.

If that doesn't work then you need to look at the Parts List grouping which is under this button here...Screenshot 2022-02-01 094514.png

Parts List grouping is a little more complicated than the BOM grouping.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report