Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
stevec781
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

How to stop surfaces showing in idw?

131 Views, 2 Replies
10-11-2013 04:50 AM

I am using 2013 and my construction surfaces keep displaying in my drawing views.  They are hidden at part and assembly level and include surfaces is greyed out but they show as visible in the feature tree in the idw, and in the views.

Is there a setting somewhere to stop this.

surface display.JPGThis is from IDW.  They should not be visible.

*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: How to stop surfaces showing in idw?

10-11-2013 05:22 AM in reply to: stevec781

Don't you have an option to RC on the suface body and turn off the visibility in the drawing?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

*Expert Elite*
Curtis_Waguespack
Message 3 of 3 (100 Views)

Re: How to stop surfaces showing in idw?

10-11-2013 08:21 AM in reply to: stevec781

Hi  stevec781,

Is it possible that the surfaces are turned off in a specific View Representation in the model, and that the drawing view is referencing a different View Representation, such as the Master View Representation?

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

solution.png  Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or  Kudos button below.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.