Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop Rebuilds - This is Driving Me Crazy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stevec781
483 Views, 4 Replies

How to Stop Rebuilds - This is Driving Me Crazy

I have defer updates set to on yet every time I drag a part in an assembly inventor rebuilds everything, even though the part being moved has no adaptivity, no mates and no derived parts.  It's rebuilding over 300 unrelated and unaffected parts every time. Its ridiculous.

I just want to drag parts around for concept layout and yling so I dont want mates just yet.  How can I make it stop?

(2011 XP64)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: stevec781

Just checking..

First...tools..application options..save

I have all checked but the stupid save reminder time crap..

Then uncheck defer updates on the assembly tab.. That IMO is only a button that should almost NEVER be used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
harco

Use move or press v then select and move the part you want.

It shouldn't update until you press update.

Message 4 of 5
stevec781
in reply to: harco

It's also when I edit sub assemblies.  I can edit a basic 3 part sub assem and it seems that the whole top level assembly rebuilds. 

To me it seems that the logic is

If the user does anything, then rebuild everything.

Surely not.   Surely it should rebuild the affected parts, follow any relationships and rebuild them and then stop.

Am I missing something?  I waste so much time.  I have to sit and wait for 36 seconds after every edit.

Message 5 of 5
Serkan.Ensoner

Hi,

Is it possible for you to provide a dataset that demonstrates this behavior, so I can take a look?

Regards,

Serkan

Serkan Ensoner

AutoCAD Desktop Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report