Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show holes from a flat pattern to a rolled object

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
helavagal
11877 Views, 4 Replies

How to show holes from a flat pattern to a rolled object

I am hoping you all can help me - I am creating a wind shield from a flat 3/16" thick plate that will be rolled to have a 2'-6" ID.  I am using 2013 and there is a message that pops up and says that it will only be applied to the flat pattern and not in the folded view.  Is there a way to change this?  Have they fixed this in the newer releases of Inventor?

Thank you so much for your help!

Angela

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
andrewiv
in reply to: helavagal

It sounds like you are modifying the flat pattern and not the folded model.  If you want to change the folded model then your sketch must be in the folded model.  The flat pattern is driven from the folded model not the other way around.  Try using the unfold and refold commands if you need to make a sketch on the flat pattern.

Andrew In’t Veld
Designer

Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Any modification to Flat Pattern body stays with Flat Pattern body. It does not propagate back to the Folded body. This is the current behavior. If I understand your requirement correctly, you might consider using Unfold/Refold feature. In Folded mode, do an Unfold, create the desirable feature on the unfolded body, and then do a Refold.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
CCarreiras

Hi!

Is not a bug.

If you need to perform operations with the part flatten,You can use "Unfold/Refold" tool instead work in the flat pattern mode.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
helavagal
in reply to: CCarreiras

the unfold and refold did the job and I now know that my computer is extremely slow LOL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report