Active Contributor
Rasckel
Message 1 of 3 (127 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to setup access on library

127 Views, 2 Replies
11-20-2013 02:51 PM

Hi,

I'm kind of a newb in this area, so i apologize in advance if my question seem a bit obvious.

Where i am working, i am the person with the most experience with inventor related topics. So i was put in charge of modifying The commun library of our content center. Later today, i found out that one of our draftmen played around our library and modifying some of the preset that i setup.

My question is: What can be done to limit access (Putting it at Read-only) to certain library for certain users without limiting my own access?

Also, i'm pretty sure its not possible but ill ask anyway, is it possible to know who modify those library and when?

Sorry for the bad english, it is not my first language.

I'm using Vault

Thank you

Inventor Version: 2014 SP1

Config : Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5506 @ 2.13 GHz, 24 GB, 64bit win7
*Expert Elite*
Cadmanto
Message 2 of 3 (109 Views)

Re: How to setup access on library

11-20-2013 06:21 PM in reply to: Rasckel

Are you taking about using the content center editor to create a custom content center?  I know you used the word "Library", but I just wanted to clarify.

If you are using vault you can change this others users login user level to control this.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
Inventor Professional 2013
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Active Contributor
Rasckel
Message 3 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: How to setup access on library

11-21-2013 04:55 AM in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes, i was talking about a custom content center.

Thank you very much, i found the global settings for users in our software Vault.

It did exactly what you suggested.

Inventor Version: 2014 SP1

Config : Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5506 @ 2.13 GHz, 24 GB, 64bit win7
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.