Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the line weight (line thickness/size)

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ssymurali
895 Views, 10 Replies

How to set the line weight (line thickness/size)

Hello friends, plz any one of u help to find the solution...My problem is(1) When i take print of the designed part in DRAWING module "Lines are looking very thick" compared to a print of AUTOCAD design...plz anyone of u tell me the procedure how to set the line weight/size/thickness.

Regards,
Murali
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToH
in reply to: ssymurali

In the drawing, click format, standards. Under the common flip you can set up line types & lineweights for the standard you are using.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 00:11:35 -0700, ToH wrote:
> In the drawing, click format, standards. Under the common flip you can
> set up
> line types & lineweights for the standard you are using.

Be sure to do this in your template drawing, so all future drawings will
be based on these settings.

--
Jorgen Bjornes
----------------------------------------------
Visit the Scandinavian Discussion-forum
For Inventor at www.bjornes.org
----------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 11
ssymurali

Thank u my friend for ur advise but i still failed in application i followed the procedure what u said defined the line weight and even defined the scale too (i reduced here) but still result (in printing) same.

Regards ,
Murali
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

You have to adjust the Line Weight for each line type - not only above the
table.
Peer

"ssymurali" wrote in message
news:f193175.2@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
Thank u my friend for ur advise but i still failed in application i followed
the procedure what u said defined the line weight and even defined the scale
too (i reduced here) but still result (in printing) same.
Regards ,
Murali
Message 6 of 11
worksaver1
in reply to: Anonymous

Could somebody be more specific?  I've had the same issue figuring out "Styles".  I'd like to use a thinner lineweight so I can see more detail in my prints.  The only way I've figured out how to change the lineweight on each view individually by right clicking on a .iam in the left hand tree and clicking properties then manually changing the lineweight there.  I want all my drawings to have a thinner line weight.  I thought I changed something inside the Styles settings.  I changed a whole big list of layers from .010" to .002" with no effect.  If I manually change one drawing view, it appears the default lineweight is .007" so I'm totally confused where the .007" is coming from.

Message 7 of 11
worksaver1
in reply to: worksaver1

I figured it out.  I went to the Manage tab, then clicked Styles Editor.  The first item in the editor window is "Standard" (above Balloon, Center Mark, and Datum Target).  Under "Standard" click on the standard you use, ANSI for me.  In the main window there's a drop down beneath "Preset Values".  Select "Line Weight" and create a new line weight.  Type in the line weight you want.  I chose .003".  This will change the line weight for all models in your drawing.  It does not change the lineweight for leaders, balloons, etc.  That's for another day for me.  I'll keep it as is for now. The leaders stand out a bit but are OK. 

Message 8 of 11
worksaver1

THEN....still in  your styles editor, click on "Layers".  On the right side of the screen, highlight everything you want changed, and select the new lineweight you created earlier.  I just hightlight everything....

Message 9 of 11
mrattray

There are many posts on this topic here. Try doing a search.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 11
worksaver1
in reply to: mrattray

Your answer in another thread showed how to create a new layer style but not how to change the lineweights.  There's a lot to filter through when searching for my exact question.  I eventually found one thread that answered my question.  It's obvious once you do it a couple times but not to someone unfamiliar with the styles editor (me!!!).  Please don't accuse people of not searching.  It doesn't do any good.

Message 11 of 11
mrattray

@worksaver1 wrote:

...  Please don't accuse people of not searching.  It doesn't do any good.

I didn't accuse anyone of anything. I simply stated that the information which you require is easily accessible.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report