Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to select individual detail break lines (for hide, layer change, etc)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thegreatyashu
1338 Views, 2 Replies

How to select individual detail break lines (for hide, layer change, etc)

How do you select the break lines inventor generates when you make a detail?

Say I want to show them on one detail, but not other, how can this be done? You can hide the break line layer to get rid of them globally, but that is not a good solution. For an example, sometimes I am breaking stucture and pipe, so I need to hide the break lines that are on the pipe to add a standard pipe break sketch symbol. The only way to do this is to globally hide the break line layer and sketch them ALL in, but this is a terrible solution.

Is there any way to select them (and maybe move some to different *hidden* layer) or hide them on a per-detail basis?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeanchile
in reply to: thegreatyashu

You're probably not going to like this answer but short of setting your Object Defaults to have the Break Line put on a layer that isn't visible and having them not show up "globally" like you stated, I don't think there is a way to do this.

I know I personally would love to have some better break line options (round items like you stated, dimension break lines like section lines, etc.) and would certainly vote for them if you added them to the Idea Station.

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 3
thegreatyashu
in reply to: jeanchile

Thankyou for the reply. I was hoping it would be hidden somewhere in the style editor or a right click menu somewhere.

For years I have been keeping break line layer hidden and just sketching in breaks or use symbols, but lately have been trying to speed up my work flow and this is one of those things that would really speed things up. You are right, as well, it would be nice if inventor could give us break options for sections too, however, at least we can select/hide/change layer existing section break lines. It's pretty obvious the autodesk inventor team was more focused on mechanical drawings vs. structural steel/plate/pipe drawings. The modeling tools are all there, but the drawing portion lacks a lot of features, like standard block libraries for this kind of thing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report