Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scale down a component (ipt,iam or stp) when insert it to an iam?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
BeKirra
1816 Views, 3 Replies

How to scale down a component (ipt,iam or stp) when insert it to an iam?

1) I want to insert a component (ipt, iam or stp) into an assembly but need to scale it down. Is it possible?

2) On the other hand, how to scale down an ipt, iam or stp and save it as a new file?

Thanks for you help.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: BeKirra

At least 3 techniques.

1. Derive Component with scale factor. (part or assembly)

2. There is a scaling add-in tool in the SDK that also allows non-uniform scale.

3. Could use Inventor Tooling (Inventor Pro - Mold tools) to scale a part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
BeKirra
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks.

Now I can use "Derived Component" to change the component scale.

Could you give more details on "a scaling add-in tool in the SDK" and "Inventor Pro - Mold tools"?

I am using Inventor 2014 pro.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 4 of 4
BeKirra
in reply to: JDMather

I now use other pc with inventor 2013.

I found the "DerivedPart_SP" in the SDK tool directory.

I am told that it requries the MS .Net Framework v2.0.50727 from "Readme.txt".

I did a search in the control panel and found it doesn't exist.

However, I have a new version .Net Framework 4.5.1 installed.

Then I install the "install.bat" for "DerivedPart_SP" without successful.

I checked the details in Tools => Add-in Manager. The "DerivedPart_SP" hasn't been installed.

What is wrong? Thanks.

X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report