Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to render high resolution image using ray-tracking?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MatixYo
1495 Views, 2 Replies

How to render high resolution image using ray-tracking?

I'm using Inventor 2015. I wonder if is there any way to render Image or Video with Inventor Studio using ray tracking? Standard rendering even on highest settings produces artifically-looking images.

The only way to get ray-traced picture is turning it on in View but its maximum resolution is limited by resolution of viewport. I need a few times higher resolution. Is there any way to make it possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: MatixYo

to get higher resolution images out when raytracing - when you goto "save copy as" and select an image file type, the "options" button becomes lit.  Click this and enter a different resolution.  Leaving it as 0,0 you get the screen resolution, but you can specify values for a much larger image.

If you want better quality results than a quicky in Studio then I would highly recommend looking at Showcase.  To get good results you almost need to go through the materials again, but once setup it's far easier to get nice results.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 3
MatixYo
in reply to: sam_m

As I am student I will try Showcase.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report