Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove units from reference parameters

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nstalker
3061 Views, 2 Replies

How to remove units from reference parameters

I named a driven dimension parameter so I can reference it elsewhere in my model.  The problem is that the driven dimension is in inches and the reference parameter does not allow me to change the units.  I would like to use that driven dimension in my model and divide it by the pitch in a pattern to get the correct count for my pattern.  The pattern dialog box is expecting a unitless input.

I tried creating a unitless user parameter that referenced the reference parameter but that did not work.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nstalker
in reply to: nstalker

Found the answer here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Floor-or-Ceil-value-from-reference-parameter/td-p/59...

looks something like this

isolate(referenceparameter;unit;ul)

Message 3 of 3
CCarreiras
in reply to: nstalker

Hi!

Now You have a parameter let's call him "driven", unit: "in"

Now, create a new numeric parameter, choose "ul" as unit

We will call this parameter as: "driven_converted"

To convert use this expression:

1.png

Now you can use this "Driven_converted" to use in other parameters.

Remember that:  if you want to use this parameter as a array qty, you will need a integer, maybe you have to add another prefix:

floor(expr) -------- unitless (Next lowest whole number.)                             ex: 2.8 - > 2

ceil(expr)  --------- unitless (Next highest whole number.)                           ex: 2.8 - > 3

round(expr) -------unitless (Closest whole number.)                                    ex: 2.3 - > 2            2.6 - > 3

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report