Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
nstalker
Message 1 of 3 (228 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to remove units from reference parameters

228 Views, 2 Replies
09-26-2013 07:02 AM

I named a driven dimension parameter so I can reference it elsewhere in my model.  The problem is that the driven dimension is in inches and the reference parameter does not allow me to change the units.  I would like to use that driven dimension in my model and divide it by the pitch in a pattern to get the correct count for my pattern.  The pattern dialog box is expecting a unitless input.

I tried creating a unitless user parameter that referenced the reference parameter but that did not work.

Distinguished Contributor
nstalker
Message 2 of 3 (220 Views)

Re: How to remove units from reference parameters

09-26-2013 07:19 AM in reply to: nstalker

Found the answer here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Floor-or-Ceil-value-from-reference-parameter/td-p/59...

looks something like this

isolate(referenceparameter;unit;ul)

Distinguished Mentor
ccarreiras
Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)

Re: How to remove units from reference parameters

09-26-2013 07:48 AM in reply to: nstalker

Hi!

Now You have a parameter let's call him "driven", unit: "in"

Now, create a new numeric parameter, choose "ul" as unit

We will call this parameter as: "driven_converted"

To convert use this expression:

1.png

Now you can use this "Driven_converted" to use in other parameters.

Remember that:  if you want to use this parameter as a array qty, you will need a integer, maybe you have to add another prefix:

floor(expr) -------- unitless (Next lowest whole number.)                             ex: 2.8 - > 2

ceil(expr)  --------- unitless (Next highest whole number.)                           ex: 2.8 - > 3

round(expr) -------unitless (Closest whole number.)                                    ex: 2.3 - > 2            2.6 - > 3

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CarlosC

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk Factory Design Suite Ultimate 2015
Windows 7 64Bit
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.