Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove material

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
James__S
3159 Views, 7 Replies

how to remove material

how do i remove the material from beneath the Green line (3D sketch 1).I want to remove material to Extrusion 1..thanks

Invento 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
admaiora
in reply to: James__S

You can do a sweep cut with  surface guide type.

If you want to do it only for extrusion 1 you can considerate to model a multibody.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 8
James__S
in reply to: admaiora

Thanks

Would you have an example:i want to remove material to extrusion 1

Message 4 of 8
admaiora

I don't know your design intent.

Attached an example of sweep along surface

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 8
James__S
in reply to: admaiora

This is the shape but i am sure it can be done much better.I created the shape to show what i want to model.Also i cannot fillet along the sharp edge.How should i have made this?

Message 6 of 8
wimann

I have to say that you would have been better off either backtracking (moving the "End of Part" up in your browser) until you could make the change early so as to not affect other things, or a multibody part for that matter. But if you had to do it from this point, what I would say is to use the "Sketch6" you had before and complete it as I have attached. Then make an extrusion off of the upper profile to the flat face of the piece (effectively cutting extrusion 1) see attached. Then extrude the Lower profile to the curved surface on the underside of the part (see attached). Then Mirror your new features over the YZ Plane and you're done!

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 7 of 8
wimann

The .ipt from my response before is attached.

-Will Mann

Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD Mechanical 2020
Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Have you tried Multi-Solid workflows? You could make the rest of Extrusions seperate solids. So they don't participate in the same feature operation. To cut along the 3D Sketch, I think you can use Sketch6 by creating a surface or a closed profile. I don't see a need to use 3D Sketch in this particular case.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report