Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the size of .ipt or .iam

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
yisongchen
2775 Views, 4 Replies

How to reduce the size of .ipt or .iam

Hello everyone!

I have a question and I need your help! 🙂

While I'm working with Inventor 2014, I have this following problem:

I have a complicated and fully detailed assembly of many parts. I only need a single .ipt or .iam file to show the appreance and volume of this assembly (for a short presentation or a big layout). Normally, I create this file manually but it costs a lot of time and it's very boring to do it.

By the way, I know that there is a function called Inculde Components to create a simplified view representation. It does transfer an assembly to a single part. However, the size of the file is still too big...Smiley Sad

So I'd like to ask you if there's an easier way to do it or if there exists some other useful functions in Inventor that I don't know...

Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JesperPhoenix
in reply to: yisongchen

Try to make a Derived component, delete everything inside the component, and then break the link. See attached picture.

This used to work. 

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: yisongchen

Simplify

Make sure you have all Service Packs and Updates installed.

Simplify.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
yisongchen
in reply to: JesperPhoenix

Thank you. I think it's a good way to simply a big assembly with complicated mechanical links. But I don't have a large amount of links (only for the position relationship) between different parts. I just need to show the appearance and volume.

Message 5 of 5
yisongchen
in reply to: JDMather

I think that this is the best solution Smiley Happy

But with my Inventor 2014, I don't have those three bouttons (Remove details, Full voids and Define Envelopes) showed in your picture. Where can I active them or I need to  install all Service Packs?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report