Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to position, precisely, the key with the Key Generator?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Karol-Or
524 Views, 4 Replies

How to position, precisely, the key with the Key Generator?

I use the Key Generator from the Design Accelerator and drag the red arrow to position the key under the gear.
Numbers change, and when i position the key they disappear.
There is no way to input a precise dimension. am i right?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mflayler2
in reply to: Karol-Or

The only way I have seen to position it precisly is to dig into the part the Keyway was created in and Explode the Accelerator feature so you can modify the iFeature by itself.  The problem with this is that once you do this the Edit Keyway in the Assembly becomes broken.  Still not a bad way to get the features down to the part tree.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 3 of 5
Karol-Or
in reply to: mflayler2

Where is the command to explode the Keyway?

I right clicked the Key Connection, didn't find

Message 4 of 5
nannerdw
in reply to: Karol-Or

Find the key in the model browser, click on its flush constraint, and change its value.  Is that what you're trying to do?

Also, if you're tying to rotate the keyway, you can accomplish this at the part level with the "Move Face" command, set to "Free Move." Then select "Reposition Triad," move it to a point at the center of rotation, and you can rotate the keyway to a precise angle.  This method still allows you to edit the keyway from the design accelerator, too.

Message 5 of 5
mflayler2
in reply to: nannerdw

Silly me, overthinking the obvious on that one.

Yes, just expand the Key Connection in the browser and adjust the constraint values, the iFeatures in the parts will follow suit.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report