Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pattern Single Element from another Pattern

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
414 Views, 1 Reply

How to Pattern Single Element from another Pattern

Attched is an image of a ball with some features patterned 20 times, 180deg down one side. Now I need to pattern them again individually around the vertical axis.  So the top most feature (we'll call this feature #1) I will leave alone. then next one down (#2) I would like to pattern say 6 times. #3, 10 times.  etc.  When done, I would like to have the features cover the entire ball, pretty well evenly spaced spherically.  Can I do this?  How?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mikebelter
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think you can pattern an individually patterned instance. You likely need to create individual features at appropriate start locations the same as the pattern you have shown, then pattern each of those to the quantities and spacing you like around the axis. The easier way, though not as analytical, is to pattern your first pattern 360 degrees around the axis to the quantities you like, then suppress the instances you do not want. A bit tedious, but you may be ahead in simplicity and time.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report