Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to name Inventor pipes, tubes and hoses using Vault naming shemes

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
sergio_duran
1452 Views, 11 Replies

How to name Inventor pipes, tubes and hoses using Vault naming shemes

Hi Everyone, I use Vault naming schemes to name Inventor files when saving files. It works very well except for tubes, pipes and hoses. I know that the Tube and Pipe environment has the following structure: master runs assembly, runs and routes. I can actually automatically name all of them with my company standards using the Vault naming schemes. However, the actual 3D pipe, hose or tube cannot be automatically name. I've also tried with Content the Center Editor but Inventor doesn't use the same filemane I have in the Content Center table. It uses a prefix and a sequential number. Is there any way to change the default filename for these T&P components? Is there any way to use Vault naming schemes for the 3D pipes, tubes and hoses? (Please the images). Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
cbenner
in reply to: sergio_duran

As far as I know, at the moment, there is no way using T&P to do this.  Tube & Pipe will always generate the filename of pipe conduits automatically.

About all you can do right now, is set an option that prompts you for the filename, so you can override the system generated names.  But I am not aware of any way to use the Vault file naming schemes with T&P.

To do the override, right click on your Master Run and select Tube & Pipe options.  There will be a check box.  You should only have to set this once and it will stay set for future designs... at least within the same project.  I only use one project so I don't know if it would carry across multiple projects.

Check the Idea Station to see if this has already been posted as an enhancement request, kudo it if so... if not, add your idea and then post a link to it on this forum so others can vote for it.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 12
sergio_duran
in reply to: cbenner

Actually it works with Vault naming schemes. I didn't saw that. RC on the Master Run > Tube & Pipe Settings.

As we use Vault, this is for one project 🙂

It should be under Application Options or something similar. It's really hard to find that option.

Thanks again!
Message 4 of 12
cbenner

Message 5 of 12
sergio_duran

The checkbox "Prompt for counduit file names" is what I needed. When I select this one, then the prompt will be the Vault naming scheme
Message 6 of 12
sergio_duran

Message 7 of 12
salariua

Is this Vault Pro? or the free basic version? that gives you the numbering scheme?

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 8 of 12
cbenner
Message 9 of 12
salariua

Yes, I've never used the numbering scheme provided with vault. I have an add-in that does all the part-numbering and filename. It renames all the files without loose of references (idw, ipt, iam. etc.)

I will have to dig out and test that numbering scheme you're using. It's only 2 years ago that I've started using vault ! and thats' basic not pro version. We've been doing project copy, renaming and management in general without Vault.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 10 of 12
sergio_duran
in reply to: salariua

Vault Pro and Workgroup have this numbering scheme option.
Message 11 of 12
sergio_duran
in reply to: salariua

Vault Basic doesn't have the naming schemes.
Message 12 of 12
lesmfunk

sduran, why didn't you ask this question months ago?

Thanks Chris. I would have never thought to check the Tube and Pipe Settings. Seems to be missing in the tutorials, but it is consistent with the location of the cable and harness settings.

I've been manually renaming in Vault for hundreds of tubes and hoses. Oh well, the past is past.

Thanks guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report