Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge parts in the Inventor drawings parts list?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JDidrik
1056 Views, 2 Replies

How to merge parts in the Inventor drawings parts list?

Hi,

I tried to search the forum without luck, so I created a new post instead. I am new to this forum, and do apologize if this has been asked a hundred times before.

My problem is the following:

In my inventor drawing I have several cable trays which except for the length is identical. I would really like to merge these parts in the drawing parts list so that they all have the same pos. number, and at the same time sum the length and mass properties. I have tried to give them the same part number, which allows for the assembly's BOM to merge them to one pos. number, but then the property for length and mass = *Varies*.

I have also tried to uncheck the merge setting and use the parts list group setting. This gives me the opportunity to sum the mass and length property, but gives every part an unique pos. number. It is not an option to manually override the pos. numbers to be the same. (Yellow cell).

I will try to explain my question by  an example.

I have the following two parts:

File name                            part number                     description                         lenght:

XXXX_01                             1234                                      cable tray 1                        3000 mm

XXXX_02                             1234                                      cable tray 1                        2500 mm

I would like for this to be shown like this in the parts list:

Pos.       qty                                         description                         item

01           5500 mm                             cable tray 1                        1234

02           something else                something else                something else

The reason for this question is because of the way we use drawings and separate BOMs for parts ordering and part assembly. And with this merge option this could be done quicker and with less mistakes.

I use Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014

Jan Didrik

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: JDidrik

Hello and welcome!

Check out this post, it's for frame generator, but there may be information in here that might point in you in a direction to solve your problem.  That is if I am reading your post correctly.  Been a long day already.  🙂

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/2013/05/frame-generator-parts-list-sorted-by.html

Message 3 of 3
JDidrik
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortnuatly that dont solve my problem, because it merges parts with the same cut length.

I want use the same part number regardless of the cut lenght. This is because we order the total lenght of cable trays needed, but do not specify which goes where on the drawings. Therefore I need to give all cable trays of same type the same pos. number. for example: all cable trays which have width:150mm hight: 40mm should have the same pos. number regardless of length.

For example the two cable trays 150 x 40 x 1500 and 150 x 40 x 2500 should have the same pos number. So in the parts list it should be like this:

Pos:      qty:           description:                  item number:  

01       4,0 m        cable tray 150 x 40        1234

Is this possible?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report