Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to merge identical parts in the BOM?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lkrenzler
2133 Views, 4 Replies

How to merge identical parts in the BOM?

I'm new to inventor.  I'm having difficulty with the BOM.  I have a number of identical parts with different file names from the frame generator and other tools such as mirror.  They all show up as individual parts in the BOM.

I have "Enable Row Merge on Part Number Match" cheched and even though their part numbers do match, the rows are not merged.

On on 2011.  Any suggestions?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inventor Pro 2019 - Win. 10 - GeForce GTX 1080 .
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lkrenzler
in reply to: lkrenzler

Nevermind, just user error 🙂
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 5
BLHDrafting

Good to hear. It may be helpful to other forum users to hear of your solution.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 4 of 5
lkrenzler
in reply to: BLHDrafting

I was in the "Model Data" window of the BOM which at the time did not combine the identical parts.  When viewing the "Parts Only" they were combined.  Now, in the "Model Data" window they are combined as well so that's a bit confusing but the goal was to have it work in the drawings and it is, so that's good.

Message 5 of 5
BLHDrafting

The BOM Model tab is basically a direct view of the modelling tree. I don't use that or the Parts Only as all of my projects have many sub-assemblies and levels. But I'm glad to hear you have it sorted.

The wiki actually has very good information on Bill Of Material. It might pay for you to have a read as there are many functions in the BOM that may be useful too you.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report