Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make this in Inventor

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
elizabeth.dawe
586 Views, 0 Replies

How to Make this in Inventor

Hi,

I recently completed a project in 3ds Max, but then realized that I am going to need to make drawings from it. The impression I get is that you can't make drawings from objects in 3ds Max, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong because I'd much rather do it that way.

So I think I'm going to have to make it in Inventor now, in order to get drawings from it. I have some experience with Inventor, but I don't know all of the ins and outs or the best way to do things. At this point,  I'm not sure how I'd do it, so if anyone could give me some tips on where to start, that would be very helpful. Even just saying the features I'd need to use would put me on the right track. e.g. sweep this, loft this, extrude this etc.

The object is made up of a bunch of "orange segment peel" ish things all of which are overlapping a certain distance from the centrepoint. There are basically two layers of this, and they form what looks like a flower from the top.

I've attached some renderings.

Thanks for you help,

Elizabeth

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report