Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make some parts shaded in drawing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
kmeldfreyssinet
9205 Views, 9 Replies

how to make some parts shaded in drawing

Hi,

I am now making drawings of complexed structures and would like to draw attention to some elements that are important for particular drawing.

What I would like best would be to be able to schade selected parts. But did not find a way to do that.

Is this possible?

Cris?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
streharg
in reply to: kmeldfreyssinet

I'm afraid it's not possible to shade only selected parts in idw, but you can try with different view representations or LOD in iam, and use that in idw.
In idw you can e.g. select a part and change it's line type and colour, for it to be more visible.

Greg

PDSU 2016
4790K, 32 Gb ram, GTX 960 ...
Fancy HP LCD
🙂
Message 3 of 10
mpatchus

One possible solution might be to make the parts that you DO NOT want shaded WHITE.

Haven't tried this, but in theory the white parts should look the same as when they are unshaded.

Might be worth a try.

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

it was not that easy just to use white material.

In order to get this working one has to use material that "self lights" in white. Without this no matter what the settings are I allways get schadows. With "self iluminance" there are no schadows and in schaded objects look like drawn with lines.

in the same time living desired objects with other materials gives efect I want, that is thise objects are drowing attention and all other is just background reference.

Cris

Message 5 of 10
Bplugem

This is a very late reply, but they have a workaround on Being Inventive:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2011/05/assembly-view-partially-shaded.html

Message 6 of 10

HI,

thanks, but this is really not what I wanted to achieve.

As you can see in the link they only made other parts "transpoarent" and drawing looks rather strnge.

What I came up with is:

make additional representation of assembly where selected part is given some colour you want and others are changed to something like "white flat" that is white without any schades or reflexes.

Doing so it is quite easy to do schaded drawing in witch only some parts look like they ware actyally shaded and others are schown just for reference.

Cris.

Message 7 of 10
eflory
in reply to: Bplugem

This doesn't work for Inventor 2019.  Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 10
swalton
in reply to: eflory

This is a very old thread....

However, you might try the drawing overlay improvements made in the Inventor 2019.2 release.  See: https://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-9E8CBAA7-CC7A-4644-A28E-E975ED79D997

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 9 of 10
rhasell

Hi

I use positional view representations (thanks Curtis)

http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com/2017/02/issue-you-want-to-create-view-on-your.html 

It's even easier with 2020, because you don't have to make a positional view rep anymore.

edit, I just read the help file you posted, I see it's the same with 2019 as well.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 10 of 10
-niels-

Maybe my method is also an option, see this friday pictures topic:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/friday-pictures-10-4-19/m-p/9066657#M763091

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report