Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to make my skeletal model for my steel frames visible in the DWG enviornment

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
xboxphili
1284 Views, 5 Replies

How to make my skeletal model for my steel frames visible in the DWG enviornment

I've generated my steel frame model using a skeletal model technique. So my part file consists of only sketch lines representing where I want my steel to be placed. I've created an assembly and used that in my inventor.dwg file. The problem is that I need to dimension to the sketch file and not to the model shapes because the sketch lines define the center of gravity. These lines aren't visible even though I've right-clicked on the content and selected "Get Model Sketches". Does anyone know how I can get my sketletal model through to the DWG enviornment?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: xboxphili

@xboxphili wrote:

These lines aren't visible even though I've right-clicked on the content and selected "Get Model Sketches".

Did you set to Include?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/retrieve-a-bend-from-sweep/td-p/3646098

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
xboxphili
in reply to: JDMather

Does having sketches turned on in the original part file affect visibility later on, say for instance in my .dwg file?  I just turned them on, saved and retrieved the lines by selecting "Get Model Sketches". So I have what I need but I just wanted to verify. Thank you for your quick response.

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

I don't think you have to have them visible in the part files, but try some experiments.
Also, I didn't check what release you are using. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
xboxphili
in reply to: JDMather

I'm running the 2013 demo and I'm producing content for a softare evaluation. Do you think Solidworks would provide any advantages for steel structures? I've completed a similar software demo/evaluation for Revit Structures as well because I have experience with both platforms but I previsously only used Inventor only for structural ductwork. Personally I am most comfortable in an Autodesk envoirnment. Not that Revit feel like an Autodesk product...

Message 6 of 6
JDMather

SolidWorks does this as multi-body solids that you push out.

In the end I see no significant differences. 

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report