Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make it work??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
domel123
511 Views, 7 Replies

How to make it work??

Hello. Please check my project. I use szkic.ipt to control the shape of the container.

Please tell me why it all goes wrong when I change it and update? I loose references every single time.

If I suppress Klapa Gorna.ipt everything goes smooth.

Any idea?

Dominik

INV 2011 Win 7 32 bit

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: domel123

@domel123 wrote:

Any idea?

Here is an idea - fully constrain the sketch so that you will know how it will behave.

This is usually covered in the 1st hour of Inventor training.
You might go through this document.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
domel123
in reply to: JDMather

Which sketch? szkic.ipt  is not adaptive. Is it necessary to fully constrain sketches that are not adaptive?

Message 4 of 8
domel123

I did, but it doesn't help.

Message 5 of 8
JDMather

Where is the Excel spreadsheet - you didn't include it in your attachment?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
domel123
in reply to: JDMather

You are right, here it is again

Message 7 of 8
domel123

I did not include the assembly.

Now it is 100% complete.

Message 8 of 8
JDMather

@domel123 wrote:

Now it is 100% complete.

If I try to walk you through doing this correctly are you going to stick around to the end solution?
(I ask this question because I see so many things wrong and often when I start walking someone through a solution they want to take a bunch of short-cuts rather than make it right.)

You might start by reading this document http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/skillsusa%20university.pdf

1. You have posted your files here 3 times and the master sketch in Szkic.ipt is not constrained in all 3, even though that is the most basic of techniques in using a parametric modeling program.

2. I would not leave units undefined in a spreadsheet.

3. It looks to me like you are adding uneeded compexity feature tree (see attached image yours vs mine).

If you want me to walk you through how I would do the part, start by constraining your master sketch and then indicate you would like for me to continue.  Otherwise, I'm sure someone else will be happy to jump in here and offer shortcut solutions.  (actually if you look at my attachment I think my solution would be a real shortcut compared to yours, looks to me like you are doing wayyyy too much work)

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report