Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make automatic CUTS from a base view?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
sistcon
234 Views, 4 Replies

How to make automatic CUTS from a base view?

Hi-- I design hidraulic manifolds, and I was wondering if there is a way improve the time I use to create all the cuts I need.

The only way to control the manifold is to create as many cuts as necesary to see all the holes and intersections, I usually I need to make 20 to 40 cuts per manifold, this is very time consuming. So I was looking for a way that i select the base  view select a face and then indicate several distances to make the cut.. For example  5 - 6 - 8,5 - 9 - 25mm, and then all this cut levels are created AT THE SAME TIME.

I believe maybe with ilogic could be posible but sadly I never needed to use it so i dont know how to do it.

So , if someone can help me with this I will be very greatful.

I attach this picture to clarify a little

Sin título.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
swalton
in reply to: sistcon

Not sure if this will help but:

Try making a Valve Block template part and drawing.  Make the part with your standard features/size (if any)  and make the drawing have all the views you need.  These won't be Invnetor templates files, just regular files that you copy to create new designs. Use Design Assistant, Vault or Save Copy As with Replace Model Reference as required to copy the files with new file names. 

Once you have a new block to design, use the combo drawing/part template to start the design.  Add the necessary features and size adjustments to the part.  Finish that and correct the drawing by editing the section sketches as required.

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 5
sistcon
in reply to: swalton

Thanks for the answer, I will make a try on this.. But I believe this is not exactly what I am looking.. 

Message 4 of 5
Mark.Downes
in reply to: sistcon

Hi Sistcon,

following on from what has already been mentioned, (probably not what you want either)

I tend not to give too much (overkill) on section views,

If you can give enough information within a drill chart (drill size, depth, port info etc...) then the operator

only needs this. Ie, Face A, position X & Y (see drill chart)

For smaller manifolds I go even more simple;

Capture01.JPG

For complex manifolds, i wouldn't even try section views (where to start?)

Capture02.jpg

Hope this is of help

Mark

Inventor 2014

MDTools (manifold design)

Cheers
Mark
Inventor 2018, 3DS Max 2018, Vault 2018
Message 5 of 5
sistcon
in reply to: Mark.Downes

Mark, thanks..

What you said is true.  When we start with inventor we believed that we could avoid making all the cuts, (imagine doing it with AutocadSmiley Frustrated), but after a few months we realize that the cuts are very useful to make easier the task of the operator to see what is going on inside the manifold, and know how to react in case of a mistake in the machining. But the more important think is when we need that someone verify the design of the manifold and he is not familiar with Inventor, so he need the blueprints.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report