Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a spring moved

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bkaraciray
1061 Views, 3 Replies

how to make a spring moved

hi, I can't make a spring moving according to other parts' behaviour. I use Inventor 12. can anybody help by examining it step by step? by the way I  sent two photos (scanned by Microsoft Security Essentials-no problem), the spring in the photos was made by design accelerators-as compression spring. I want from spring to move with the other parts but it doesn't. For instance when I pull the blue part down, blue part, and the spring go the into of each other. Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: bkaraciray

I would make the spring myself with a Parameter called Height and then Animate Parameter in Inventor Studio Environment or create a Spring Force in Dynamic Simulation Environment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: JDMather

Dr. All of us that have spent time on this Discussion Group know that this question comes up at least 1 a week. Autodesk must also know this too. Don't you think that they should add this feature into Inventor. Yes we all know it can be done and I'm sure a lot us have our special spring already made that we use. But with all the questions about this, Autodesk should put a generated spring that is driven with parameters. My 2 cents.

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 4 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

@Doug_DuPont wrote:

Autodesk should put a generated spring that is driven with parameters. My 2 cents.

There is an feature enhancement suggestion forum over here.

http://www.augi.com

Autodesk obviously knows how to do it - the Spring Force in Dynamic Simulation is trivial to animate as a visual spring.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report