Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a part in assembly mode

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Zac-C
328 Views, 4 Replies

how to make a part in assembly mode

Hi

I have a part in which i am trying to get the O-Ring to fit.I made an attempt using the Create Pasrt in  assembly mode.It is not quite correct.How would you create the O-Ring and have it fit the part correctly?

There is some slight interference when the O-Ring i made was placed in the assembly..

Is creating the O-Ring in the assembly mode the best way to get a proper fit for this O-Ring?

I rarely use RIB tool.Have i used it correctly in this part?

Parts attached 2014

Thanks

IJC

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
admaiora
in reply to: Zac-C

Hi ijc,

you can proceed in many ways.

You can create a part at assembly level, project edges and creating de facto and adaptive geometry (when you change a geometry in one part all the dependants adaptive geometries in other created parts will adapt).

You can create your o-ring using the derive command, here i propose you this way. With this method you will obtain a link to with parts (if you modify the part, then the o ring will update. If you don't want this link..you can evenly suppress or breake it!)

Here a video:

I hope that it can helps you.

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

If you have the o-ring part in your assembly already, what you would do is RC on the part in the browser and select edit

edit.JPG

Then, that gives you full part finctionality within the assembly environment.  Except you can select edges from other parts in your assembly as reference to use within the part being edited.

Note, if you are editing the O-Ring within the assembly, you cannot have the o-ring part open in a differnt session.  If you do, it will not allow you to edit it in the assembly.

I hope this makes sense.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
Zac-C
in reply to: Cadmanto

Thanks for the options mentioned.

Hi admaiora,

I used your technique and made the O-Ring in assembly mode.It worked.I then had the O-Ring as a single part and placed it in the assembly with part 2 and constrained.I then Analysed Interference but the whole model went Red.I wanted to check just to see how well the 2 parts fit together.Can the model not be analysed?

Thanks

IJC

Message 5 of 5
admaiora

Hi Ijc,

you can derive as composite (no mass, no volume), too, and you will solve it (a little more tedious the project edges and sketching phase).

Or you can use the combine tool. (Using the combine tool you will get an error, it's says to you more or less  "i don't feel no solid interferences to subtract", but it works anyway.

Here a video:

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report