Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain material with pattern

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nstalker
385 Views, 5 Replies

How to maintain material with pattern

I patterned features but the material did not come along for the ride.  I know I can change the material manually after the fact but I am making a parametric design so I want this to happen automatically.  How do I do this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: nstalker

I have this same problem when creating a mirror.  I'm wondering if I can use iLogic to populate the material of new features

Message 3 of 6
JDMather

It appears to me from image that should be pattern component rather than pattern feature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

We are talking about multisolid part, right?

You are talking about body appearence or material?

Try to apply use "pattern a solid"  instead "pattern a feature". (the same for mirror).

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras
Message 5 of 6
nstalker
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for your responses.  Here's what happens when I try to pattern differently.  Screenshots 1 and 2 represent when I pattern the features.  I get the result that I want.  However, when I change the count of the rollers to be > what was entered before I have to manually change the material to red.

If I try to pattern the solid it does not produce the desired result.

Message 6 of 6
CCarreiras

Hi!

This little cilynder is associated to another solid, and the new elements get the color of the main solid.

Isolate this little cylinder as an independent solid and it will work well.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

Regards.
CCarreiras

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report