Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to link appearance in documents to Library ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vmcarbonneau
288 Views, 2 Replies

How to link appearance in documents to Library ?

When I use an appearance in a document, it copies it to the document. I would like that when I modify the appearance in the library, every documents using in is uptaded 

Is it possible ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
4donwan4
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

At this time there is not a way to do this. The only work around would be to change the local appearence. Then delete the local appearence that it was. Then copy new appearence into local document. Not sure if this is as designed but below is a wish list or enhancement link to post new ideas for future release.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Regards,

Don

Message 3 of 3
Xun.Zhang
in reply to: vmcarbonneau

Hello,

Thanks for post your issue here, repeat your question:

If library appearance asset is update, the same name asset in document library is better to update automatically?

If I understand correctly, if the update is automatically, how to protect user specific modifications? Such as there is an appearance named blue with blue color in library, and user drag to document library, change the color to other like Red, leave the name still blue, then, click OK to finish editing, but the documents asset blue turn to blue again, it's not acceptable somehow.

So the proper workflow is keep the top priority of modification for document asset, if user have to do an update style task, please invoke command Update style to work out.

I am not sure if it's fixed your issue or not, please let me know for any concerns.

Xun
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report