Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know good product from stress analysis?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dannyjuniarko
928 Views, 3 Replies

how to know good product from stress analysis?

hi i have a question. i was design something and i can't read report from stress analysis. please help me to explain about  :

-Von Mises Stress,

-Principal Stress,

-3rd Principal Stress,

-Displacement,

-Safety Factor,

-Stress XX , 

-Stress XY,

-Stress XZ , 

-Stress YY , 

-Stress YZ , 

-Stress ZZ , 

-X Displacement , 

-Y Displacement,

-Z Displacement,

-Equivalent Strain,

-1st Principal Strain,

-3rd Principal Strain , 

-Strain XX , 

-Strain XY,

-Strain XZ , 

-Strain YY ,

-Strain YZ , 

-Strain ZZ, 

-Contact Pressure, 

-Contact Pressure X,

-Contact Pressure Y , 

-Contact Pressure Z

from result data, What really affects the body resistant to force? thanks before. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: dannyjuniarko

Are you in a class to learn this topic?

What book are you using to learn this topic?

http://www.amazon.com/Running-Autodesk-Inventor-Professional-2014/dp/1489524614/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
dannyjuniarko
in reply to: JDMather

oh please i have no money, i just want simple explanation 😞

Message 4 of 4
vex
Collaborator
in reply to: dannyjuniarko

That's a pretty tall order.  Books have been written on the subject.  Here's a good starting point though:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-68384EEE-E554-4376-8674-F555F60CF7D6

In similar fashion the basic explination for what you describe can be found below:

Von Mises: Is an equivelant stress which combines the various components of the stress of the component (IE bending, shear, etc) into a single output.  This would be the 'total' stress that the component is under.  http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Von_Mises_yield_criterion&redirect=no

1st Principle: Is the maximum stress the component sees when the shear plane is taken into account (IE where shear is 0).  See the above help file as linked

3rd Principle: Is the minimum stress the component sees when the shear plane is taken into account (IE where shear is 0)  See the above help file as linked

Displacement: Is the total displacement in all directions--really a magnitude of the displacment of the x-, y-, and z- directions. See the above help file as linked

Safety Facotr: Is either the ultimate Tensile strength or Yield criteria set for the material compared to the von mises stress.  The result is a unitless number that will tell you, effectively, if it will fail or not.  See the above help file

Stress_xx:  Is the amount of stress perpendicular to the X-axis of the component.  See the above help file

Stress_yy:  Is the amount of stress perpendicular to the Y-axis of the component.  See the above help file

Stress_zz:  Is the amount of stress perpendicular to the Z-axis of the component.  See the above help file

Stress_xy:  Is the amount of shear stress acting in the XY-plane of the component. See the above help file

Stress_yz:  Is the amount of shear stress acting in the YZ-plane of the component.  See the above help file

Stress_xz:  Is the amount of shear stress acting in the XZ-plane of the component. See the above help file

X Displacement:  Is the displacement of the component in the X direction. See the above help file

Y Displacement: Is the displacement of the component in the Y direction. See the above help file

Z Displacement: Is the displacment of the component in the Z direction. See the above help file

Strain: Similar to stress but for strain.

Contact Pressure: Similar to displacement, but engenered more towards the interface pressure between components (ie how much force acting on an area between components).  See above help file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report