Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert item (balloon) no to text?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
266 Views, 2 Replies

How to insert item (balloon) no to text?

Hello, I would like to know if there is way to insert an item no to text: Many times in an assy drawing I need to give some instructions (as notes) such as "Take item (balloon) 5, apply glue X, attach to item 12, do ... with item 21" etc... I am inserting/typing the item no's manually. In some situations when I edit the assy, the item no's change and again I need to retype the item no's that I referenced in my notes. Maybe there is a more clever, automatic, way to reference to item nos, so that they are recalculated in text as they change? I didnt find the "item no" as a parameter in TEXT environment. Any help?
Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

I simply use the part numbers as they don't change. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 3
jyager
in reply to: mcgyvr

I'd like to know this too. The engineers here are note happy and it's a real chore trying to wean them off of adding 40 item no's to our notes on fabrication drawings.

Jason Yager
Inventor Professional 2023.2
Windows 10 Pro 21H2
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900X CPU @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM
AMD Radeon Pro WX 3200 Series
3D Connexion SpaceMouse Pro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report